“The most impactful action a school can take for the planet is to engage and inspire its pupils and community”
Kicking off on Monday 10th January 2022, schools across the UK will be battling it out to be the greenest and crowned champions of Planet Super League’s first ever Schools vs Climate Change competition.
Schools vs Climate Change is a national schools competition to raise awareness of climate action whilst having fun and scoring green goals. The aim is to educate pupils and their families to reduce their carbon footprint as they represent their school and compete to be the SvCC champions. Planet Super League work with more than 50 professional football clubs, including Stevenage FC Foundation, to promote climate action in a fun and competitive way.
There are over 100 activities to choose from on the Planet Super League website that can be completed as an individual, as a class or at home, including:
- Youth Voice – encouraging pupils to have their say on climate action
- Meat free meals – visit the PSL Kitchen for recipe ideas
- Leg Power – encouraging active travel like walking or cycling to school
Every activity you complete will score green goals and will help your school climb the league table.
When is the Schools vs Climate Change competition?
The competition is running for 6 weeks, from Monday 10th January to Sunday 20th February 2022.
How does my school get involved?
- Visit the PSL website
- Download the Letter to Parents template, Assembly, Guidance and Classroom packs free of charge to use as you wish
- Promote the opportunity to children and staff through an assembly to encourage them to sign up at home for free
- Complete activities in school as often as you like
- Encourage children to score more goals with their families
- Watch your school climb the league table and see the impact you are having
Stevenage FC Foundation will be supporting schools in Stevenage and the surrounding areas by implementing activities into our practical delivery and inspire children to take part outside of school.