The Foundation were delighted to hear that grassroots sport was given permission by Government last week to return, coupled with the updated guidance published by The FA at the weekend.
The team here have been reviewing the guidance to ensure that any activity that can return, does so in compliance with the latest guidance from both Government and The FA. As a result, we can confirm that our sessions will begin to return from Monday 3rd August with several changes in order to ensure the safety of our participants and staff:
- All sessions will require pre-booking in advance via our online booking system and staff will not be able to take cash payments or accept “walk-ons”
- Participants will be asked to undertake a self-assessment of their health. If you answer “Yes” to any one of the symptoms, you should not travel to the session and follow all applicable Government guidance
- The details you provided in your booking will be used to comply with the NHS Test & Trace effort. This information will be securely stored for a minimum of 21 days after the last session you attend in-line with the Government Recreational Team Sport Framework and will be collected & processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and in-line with GDPR principles
- Sessions will only take place where an outdoor facility is available
- Sessions may be subject to a cap on numbers in order to comply with FA and Government guidance on group sizes
- Participants will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival to the venue and sanitiser will be available at any point during the session
- Participants should arrive changed and ready to take part, with no changing rooms or shower facilities available. Please note, toilet facilities will be available in line with the facility providers own policies
- Staggered arrival times may be put in place when multiple or large groups are at one venue
As a result, we can now confirm that the following activities will be able to resume*:
Camps will return from Monday 3rd August initially at the Stevenage FC Academy facility. We are assessing our ability to also deliver camps at the HFA Community Football Centre in Letchworth and will provide an update ASAP.
Both full day and half day options will be available and more information, along with booking links will be made available by no later than Wednesday 22nd July.
These sessions will resume the week commencing 10th August, with specific times and dates as follows:
- Letchworth, HFA Community Football Centre: 10-11am
- Stevenage, SFC Academy: 8-9pm
- Welwyn Garden City, WGC FC: 10-11am
- Stevenage, SFC Academy: 10-11am
- Hertford, Hartham Leisure Centre: 10-11am
Players will be required to book online in advance of attending the session and payment for the sessions will be taken at the time of booking. These booking links will be made available by Friday 24th July.
If you’d like to discuss attending a Walking Football session, then please contact Lorna Wormald via firstname.lastname@example.org
PREMIER LEAGUE KICKS
Our popular Kicks sessions will return as soon as it is safe to do so and we are awaiting confirmation from venues before we give out details to players. We intend for our Stevenage session to return on either Friday 7th or 14th August, with our Ridgeway Academy session in Welwyn Garden City returning from 4th September.
If you’d like to discuss attending a Premier League Kicks session, then please contact Lorna Wormald via email@example.com
JUNIOR KICKERS + PAY & PLAY
Both these sessions will return initially on Saturday 8th August at Stevenage FC Academy, with the Wednesday session commencing from Wednesday 12th August.
For more information or to enquire about bookings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BACK IN THE GAME
Our over 25’s football session at HFA Community Football Centre will return on Monday 17th August. Players will be required to pre-book their space and for the month of August, this session will be capped at 16 players per week.
If you’d like to discuss attending a Back in the Game session, then please contact Lorna Wormald via email@example.com
INTRO TO EXERCISE + STRENGTH & BALANCE CLASSES
At present these sessions are being held online and will not be returning in a face to face format until September at the earliest. If you would like more information on these sessions please contact Hannah Marsh via firstname.lastname@example.org
WOMEN & GIRLS’ PATHWAY
Stevenage FC Women Trials
The initial trial has been confirmed for Sunday 9th August at the HFA Community Football Centre, 12-3pm.
A further Tuesday night trial will held on either 11th or 18th and this will be confirmed ASAP.
If you would like to attend the trial, then you can book a place using the following link – CLICK HERE
Girls Development Centre Trials
We are now in a position to hold trials for the 2020/21 season. These will be split across two dates to adhere to Government and FA guidelines and held at Stevenage FC Academy.
The two dates for the trials will be Monday 3rd August and Monday 10th August.
If your daughter is trialling for the U12s, U14s or U16s their trial will be on Monday 3rd August.
If your daughter is trialling for the U10, U13s or the GKs their trial will be on Monday 10th August.
To book a place on the trial please use the following link – CLICK HERE
Girls Football Centre
This session will return on Wednesday 2nd September, 6-7pm at Stevenage FC Academy
If you’d like to register your interest in this session, please email Luke Wilkins via email@example.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
The Foundation team are putting everything in place to make our sessions comply with all Government and National Governing Body guidance and ensure that sessions are as safe as possible for participants and staff.
We welcome your patience with us as we return to activity and your understanding that we will continue to refine and develop our procedures as sessions resume.
If a particular session is not included above and you’d like to know more then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will come back to you ASAP.
* Please note that some sessions may be subject to change