I think the Joy of Moving programme is the perfect programme to allow children to understand how to live an active and balanced lifestyle whilst appreciating the benefits of physical activity. Having delivered the programme on numerous occasions I can see the impact it can have on a young child’s life. This can be something as small as changing their diets to include more healthier options or finding a newfound love of physical activity
We have thoroughly enjoyed having Stevenage FC Foundation in to deliver the Joy of Moving programme. The content worked well in terms of a balance between written activities and outdoor games. The children were enthusiastic and eager to learn, and all completed the homework tasks each week. The practical delivery was great as it reinforced the learning from the theory, and it kept them thinking.
The Joy of Moving programme has been a huge success in Year 5. I have been able to observe both the theory and practical sessions, all children have been engaged and learning is taking place in an active and fun way. All members of staff from Stevenage FC have been professional, punctual and motivational when delivering their lessons. Children look forward to the sessions taking place and are keen to impress.
6 x 45 minutes in the classroom
6 x 45 minutes of physical activity
Venue: Classroom and hall or outdoor space
Support: One teacher will be required to be present and willing to participate in the sessions
The aims of the Move and Learn Project are for children to:
- Learn the importance of a healthy, balanced diet
- Learn the importance of activity every day for both physical and emotional well-being.
- Learn the importance of eating in moderate quantities
The learning outcomes of the Move and Learn Project are:
- To enable children to understand the importance of exercise in a healthy lifestyle
- To enable children to identify the nutritional components of their diet and recognise the quantities of each that they are eating
- To enable children to identify that food is the fuel that allows the body to function correctly
- To provide maths and literacy activities to support children’s learning
- To provide fun activities that promote health and physical activity in a positive way