Would you like to make a difference in your local community? Are you passionate about people and given them opportunities to positively impact their lives?
Stevenage FC Foundation is seeking highly motivated, responsible, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work within its expanding community programme.
The Foundation is looking to add a number of sessional coaches to the team, to support the delivery of our community based programmes. Coaches will lead and assist on programmes associated with our Community Engagement and Football Development programmes such as Junior Kickers, Soccer Camps, Premier League Kicks, Walking Football and Back in the Game.
- Job Title: Sessional Coach
- Reports To: Project Team
- Location: Various venues in Stevenage and surrounding areas
- Salary: FA Level 1 – £10 p/h, FA Level 2 & Above – £15 p/h
You must have:
- Minimum FA Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding Qualifications
- Experience of delivering football and sports sessions
- Due to the demands of the role, you will need to have a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle.
- Flexible approach to working some evening and weekends
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time keeping and management skills
Applicants will have a flexible approach to work, with a particular focus on evening, weekend and school holiday sessions. Delivery will include supporting sessions such as Soccer Camps, Premier League Kicks, Pay & Play, Matchday Experiences and more.
- FA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Additional coaching qualifications (other sports than football for example)
- Experience of working within a Community Club Organisation
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Applicants should ideally live local and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit. Flexible approach to working some evening and weekends.
To deliver high quality community based coaching for all ages in Stevenage and surrounding area, enabling individuals to develop their abilities to their potential and enjoy physical activity which will encourage them to sustain activity levels.
The candidate should have previous experience of delivering community based football programmes, whether that be in a private or grassroots setting.
As part of your involvement with Stevenage FC Foundation the following benefits are available to staff:
- Stevenage FC staff kit provided relevant to the role
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including Premier League, English Football League Trust, The FA, Professional Footballers Association and other key partners
- Opportunities to work match days at Stevenage FC