Stevenage FC Foundation have teamed up with Stevenage Women FC to deliver a full-time Football & Education development programme for the next generation of talented female footballers in partnership with Marriotts School, Stevenage.
The programme for girls currently in Year 11 and 12. Students will have the option to tailor their academic interests as part of Marriotts School sixth form, with a number of A-Level, BTEC and CTEC options available.
The aim of the programme is to enhance the women & girls’ pathway at Stevenage FC, allowing local young female footballers the chance to develop on and off the pitch. A variety of personal development workshops will be provided, plus opportunities to gain further external qualifications and access to the Foundation’s NCS programme.
Students will study and train at Marriotts School in Stevenage in their newly refurbished school site that provides some of the best sports facilities in the area. Students would have access to a minimum 8 hours a week coaching from UEFA B qualified Stevenage FC Foundation staff as well as qualified physiotherapists to support their physical development, whilst enrolled on the programme.
All students will be given the support to develop as players with a view to gaining a trial with Stevenage Women FC.
Competitively, students will represent Stevenage FC midweek in the EFL Community & Education Football Alliance as well as the chance to play for the Stevenage Women FC at weekends in their first or reserve sides (this is not mandatory and girls wishing to continue with their existing grassroots club will be supported).
Stevenage FC Foundation have created a variety of options as exit routes for students with University, Higher Education Apprenticeships, International Scholarships and Full Time Employment all viable opportunities for students on the programme.
Women & Girls Pathway Manager, Dani Toyn said:
“This is a partnership and programme we’ve been looking to develop with Marriotts for some time now. We’ve seen our young players in our Girls’ Development Centre grow in the last two seasons, and wanted a local, high quality offer for them as a next step, which will allow them to continue their Stevenage FC journey.
“We understand that young players don’t always want to pursue a career in sport and wanted to offer a number of different academic options so that each player has a bespoke experience that’s right for them and their future aspirations. On the pitch, we’ve seen a number of young players get opportunities with Stevenage FC Women and the aim is to continue this trend with the Football & Education programme.”
Please note that any girl registered with the Girls Football & Education Programme will still be allowed to register with their existing grassroots team. As a result there is NO CONFLICT with existing grassroots clubs/teams.
WHY OUR PROGRAMME
- Student Centred – each student has the ability to tailor their academic experience alongside an elite football offer
- Superb Facilities – access to 3G artificial pitches for training and gym use at the Marriotts Sports Centre
- High Quality Exit Routes – using the Foundation’s links with local employers, apprenticeship providers and our own for those with an interest in sport
- Personal Development – bespoke workshops on employability & CV writing, drug & alcohol awareness, mental health and more
- Social Action – all students will be supported to complete a minimum of 30 hours of social action in their local community
- Direct Link To Stevenage FC Women – high achieving players will be invited to attend training with Stevenage FC Women and given every opportunity to training in the best environments
- Ancillary Staff Support – players will be supported by the Women’s physiotherapist, sports psychologist, fitness coaches and match analysis support.
Learn About Marriotts School – Click Here
Sixth Form Prospectus – Click Here
Subject Information Booklet – Click Here
Students who enroll on the course will be required to sign a code of conduct, and will not be allowed to train or play football unless they are up-to-date with their academic commitments
HOW TO APPLY
To register your interest simply complete the Online Form (below) or download a formal application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download An Application Form* – Click Here
* Please note that all application forms will be shared with Mr Winter, Head of Sixth Form at Marriotts School
ONLINE TRIAL APPLICATION
For more information or to discuss the programme in more detail please email email@example.com or call 01438 222222.